A Beautiful HEART Ministries (ABHM) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life for justice impacted women and girls by focusing on a four-pronged approach: economic advancement, empowerment, education, and wellness to facilitate change, restore healing, and reduce recidivism.
A Beautiful HEART Ministries (ABHM) is seeking two Alternative to Incarceration (ATI) Social Worker, for our ATI program. The Social Worker will facilitate group based curricula and provide individual counseling and case management services to mandated participants. The Social Worker will also engage in diversion and community-based initiatives. The Social Worker will also provide general support to other clinical programs as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Conduct individual counseling sessions, groups, and clinical assessments, as well as provided recommendations for
services and treatment for court-mandated clients .
* Provide comprehensive, trauma-informed, culturally-responsive, clinical and case management services to clients where
* Collaborate with ABHM, Advisory Board Members on harm reduction initiatives, including education or harm reduction for
* Conduct detailed clinical assessments for misdemeanor participants.
* Attend court and interdisciplinary case conference to help clients navigate court and collaborate with court staff and
* Manage and monitor participant compliance and treatment mandates; Report on progress and compliance of mandated
clients to court partners (judge, defense, prosecutors).
* Make appropriate referrals to community-based organizations for additional services.
* Perform other relevant duties, including coverage and support, as needed.
The ideal candidate will be a LMSW or possess an equivalent Master's level counseling degree with a minimum of two years of relevant experience in social work, the criminal justice system, and /or with justice-involved communities. Experience working within a harm reduction framework and commitment to staying up to date on harm reduction best practices; Experience with clinical assessments; Experience with drug/alcohol treatment, mental health services, co-occurring disorders, trauma-informed, and anti-oppressive practice required. Candidate must be willing and able to work collaboratively with colleagues and a variety of court personnel and partner agencies in a high pressure/fast paced work environment; Knowledge of community-based resources throughout New York City; Strong organizational and excellent time management skills; Bilingual (English-Spanish preferred.
Position Type: Full-Time, some evening hours required.
Compensation: Salary range starts at $67,500 and is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits packages including comprehensive health, dental, vision, two weeks paid vacation, and 12 paid sick days.
A Beautiful HEART Ministries (ABHM) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, sex, gender, identity, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or record of arrest or conviction. At ABHM we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and strive for a workplace that reflects the population that we serve.